17.10.08

The book of my life..


Tagged...By Grandma K....And this is a fun Tag because its about...pictures!
Open file (map) nr. six and pick picture nr. six and...yes,make a post!
Well in my case this was a photograph of my bookcase!
A lot of books...but not all of them I am afraid

Books to the cieling
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.
Arnold Lobel

Hope not..anyway..couldn't live without them

Books...are like lobster shells, we surround ourselves with 'em, then we grow out of 'em and leave 'em behind, as evidence of our earlier stages of development.
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)

Well,there are a many stages in my bookcase..
What did those many books teach me...am I older and wiser..
The books told me a story about life,and I know now, that I know notting...
And that this "development" only stops when I stop...and my book of life ends.

Though the pages are numbered
I can't see where they lead
For the end is a mystery no-one can read
In the book of my life

And a wonderful book it has been,hope to write some more..
Enjoy your book of life writing..you can do it only once..with a little trust and a lot of love you will be fine...

So I tagg..
Teatime with melody
Heidi..Celebrate the seasons
Miss Mari-Nanci..Smilnsigh...please go and visit,you can find them in my Kindred Spirit list!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am mightily impressed with the neatness of your bookshelf!

Charm and Grace said...

Love Mr. Lobel's rhyme and I feel the same way about our library/study. If I had to read all the books we have in our home before I die, I would never die! He He. I do love books.

Blessings,
Christi

Heidi said...

Oh yes, books are the very soul of life. We think a room is incomplete without a full bookshelf. I could not live without a book to read...I just ordered a few more Beatrix Potter books.

Hugs ~
Heidi