12.7.09

Forget Me Not....


These images are drawings from the project I am working on at the moment...The drawings came first..the story came after...the other way around you may say..Well, the story was already in my head for a long time...there was just one obstacle..I couldn't find a name for the main character.....

Its the story of a little girl who makes a walk with her grandmother in the Forget Me Not Forest...Its a story about love and remembrance.
Is also a story about Alzheimer...and the feeling of being lost..

When grandmother wanders through the forest and isn't able to find her way home there is her granddaughter to help her.
Together they have a wonderful day and the little girl realizes that you can lose a lot of things in life but that she shall never be without her grandmother...she only has to look in the mirror..

But still...this little girls name....????????
You can click the images to enlarge...all rights reserved by THE DUTCHESS

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour ma chère Dutchess! Oh how I love your mind...your drawings are exquisite my friend. How about Valentina? It may be a bit too flashy and too French...you must share with me the results of your story. Please don't forget me! I am still here, writing my thesis, but thinking of all my dear friends, especially you, kindred mind and spirit! Carry on and have fun! Anita

Acornmoon said...

She looks like an Alison to me. What did you decide on?

Your drawing is lovely and the idea is very original. I don't think anyone has tackled this subject before in a children's book, which is a shame because the condition affects many families.

Presépio no Canal said...

Emily...it was the name of my gradma. She was my best friend. She took care of me when my mother worked and my father was already passed away. And I take care of her, when she became ill and she passed away.

Your story is very beautiful :)

Congratulations!

Everly Pleasant said...

Patricia, Olive, May, Jubilee, Rosie, Fara....?

Rosie said...

What a wonderful idea for a story - your drawings are lovely - I think she looks like a Florence.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a tender story. I think Clara would be a good name. (I know the first thing that comes to mind is "The Nutcracker," but I had an Aunt Clara and she was kind, generous and loving. Thank you for this. Wishing you success.! Cathy