23.11.09

Frosty..


Early dawn the light pours in
Surrounding with mist and glowing my skin
Dancing with shimmering lights I see
The Frost Fairy glides so delicately

Jump to my feet I clench with cold
The ground feels like winter, ice, and snow
Cover my feet and tip toe away
Through the frost covered window I see a new day

All are busy and bustling about
Mole, mouse, fox, toad, and stout
For fall will fade without a sound
The blanket of white will cover the ground

The Frost Fairy tucks the flowers in bed
Freezes the puddles and the spider web threads
The warning is given and soon all shall sleep
Nestled in burrows, oak trees, and creeks

And when day is done I return home to dream
Moon beams and star light shine down on me
A night filled with songs that cold winds will carry
Winter is here thanks to The Frost Fairy

By Sarah Sabatini


Painting~In the Fairies Wood~Thomas Blacklock.

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I knew that you were going to deliver the most magical and heartfelt posts for the holidays. I have entered into a fairy world of pure joy my dearest, knowing you. Here in America, we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving; I give thanks for YOU. Your mind and heart and sense of humor are a gift. Blessings to you and your household (moussie houssie included), Anita

greet's foto's said...

wat mooi,je hele blog is heel mooi,kijk mijn ogen uit,waar haal je achtergrond vandaan,

groetjes oma nijn