25.11.09

The Journey has begun..


Far Far away..on the North Pole...an Old man started his Journey..

Having faith in Santa Claus
Is not for just the young,
I know I'll keep proclaiming him
As long as I've a tongue.

And even though I see the gent
Unmasked before my eyes,
Revealing some familiar friend
Who's donned the quaint disguise,
It doesn't change my mind a bit;
I'll still believe, because
There's more than whiskers and a suit
To dear old Santa Claus;
Bright hopes there are,
And dreams come true,
Good cheer, unselfish sharing
Personified by gifts of love
Within the pack he's bearing.

To call these angels "Santa Claus"
Is surely not deceiving,
So I, for one, will never scoff
But go right on believing.

I don't know who wrote this sweet little poem but when it was you..Thank you..lets cherish all of our dreams and keep the Faith..

4 comments:

Anna said...

ps heb je gehoord of gelezen dat het hondje toch nog is overleden aan zijn verwondingen?
vreselijk lot!!!

Anna said...

Ik wou je vragen of je wist van wie dit gedicht was...jammer dat je het niet weet..het is prachtig!
de illustratie ook!

Mijn wens voor de kerstman durf ik niet te uiten! die is veel te groot!!!
groetjes

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning my sweet friend! Yes I BELIEVE!!! How true this poem rings....being an adult has never changed my belief in that which is good and caring and magical! THE JOURNEY HAS STARTED AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU GIVE US EVERYDAY! I love the mouse tales so much....

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my sweet...what a lovely dinner we had! Plenty of turkey and the most delicious crème brûlée pumpkin pie! You really know how to serve things right up at Hilltop! Thank you for coming to my Christmas opener; I too await the fun from your great imagination! Bisous à tous, Anita