23.1.10

Most Urgent..


Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest”

She fell down upon the bed that stood there, and lay in a deep sleep. And this sleep extended over the Hilltop, the mouse and the frog who had just come home, and had entered the great hall, began to go to sleep, and the whole of the house with them. The birds, too, went to sleep in the trees,the pigeons upon the roof, the spider on the wall, even the fire that was flaming on the hearth became quiet and slept, the roast meat left off frizzling. And the wind fell, and on the trees before the Hilltop Hall not a leaf moved again....

I hope you all have a peacfull Sunday...At the Hilltop its starting to snow again...I think I will go to sleep and sleep until spring..

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest...that is so peaceful; you are lullying me to sleep as I sit here and begin another day of completing homework assignments. Your little book that I am making is calling me to tickled it with more little drawings...I hear its call and it gives me joy to know it awaits me and then YOU. What a lovely little story my dearest....I think I will click on Hilltop to go and enter into a little slumber of joy. Bisous to all at Hilltop...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ohhh, good morning dearest! Off to Paris we go, together, to visit all the musées, take tea at Ladurée and then off to the countryside to visit Marie-Ange in the midst of calming lavender fields. Miss M. could come with us in YOUR purse and we would scour the countryside for other friends, fine food and bliss. Bisous, Anita

Lauren said...

shhhh... all of us just tiptoeing in, trying not to disturb your wintery slumber to leave a little kiss upon all your cheeks.
Sleep well, but we do hope you arise before spring, we would miss your dainty footsteps at ButtonWillow.

hugs dear ones,
Lauren
Mistress--ButtonWillow Cottage

HAWTHORN HALL said...

That is such a beautifully detailed painting - I really like the artistic style of it...and January seems the perfect month for sleeping. I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Gillian

Renee said...

Just stunning; both the pictures and the words. Just beautiful.

Thank you xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Dutchess! Did you have a fine nap? Thank you dear one for your sweet comments about Tea and Bebe...he is a tea connaisseur but also a heck of a hoofer! Bisous, ANita