23.3.10

Something To Read ...


Reading a good book...one of my favorite things...I love to read. Lately I find myself reading BLOGS more then books...There are so many wonderful writers on the net..One of the first fabulous writes I began to follow was Pamela...and since I began to read her marvelous posts I never missed one..I hope she will write a book someday..a good old fashion book with a gold engraved leather cover,a book that smells like a book..ink and paper..you know what I mean:)Hope,that she will collect all of her posts and make a book out of it..She is great,go see for yourself and tell me if I'm wrong.When you visit her say HI to Edward for me...
Next to books I am also very interested in history...and..I found Rosie.
She can like no other tell you very interesting stories...and takes you to lovely towns and historical places...Stories from every corner of her mind..Go and ask her a question..about Richard III...or Shakespeare..she will now the answer!
And last but not least I want you to get to know a very witty and very intelligent old chap...his name is Rattus...Rattus Scribus to be precise ...that's also the name of his blog..he has yet another blog ..just as interesting, but there you have to be a member to get in..I am sure when you knock on his door and ask him to let you in he would be delighted...I can hear him say now...Welcome welcome..three cheers a hoot and a RRR,of course you can come in..Tea..anyone..
Have fun visiting..and when you see Rattus..tell him Miss Moussie said hello...

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
Dr. Seuss

Art ~George Clausen.

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, I know Pamela, and I will check out the other blog. That was so amazing of you to mention Rattus...he is quite the writer, that fellow! I am enjoying this wonderful series you have going! Bisous, ANita

Rattus Scribus said...

Dear Duchess

Anita told me how you mentioned me in your blog as a writer worth reading, so I came here to see. I cannot tell you how honored I am to be mentioned in your blog. I also want to thank you for allowing me to join in your blog "Nowhere." I have really enjoyed the comradeship and laughs.

I have been so busy of late that I have been quite behind in my own main blog Rattus Scribus, and criminally negligent of Rattus' Tales. But I am nearly done with a fully developed short story that I will be posting on Rattus Scribus and Rattus' Tales, and even Nowhere. The story will give readers an in depth look at Rattus Scribus and the circumstances of his first encounter with Spinoza, a hedgehog who subsequently becomes a life long friend. And a highlight is that Anita will be contributing her wonderfully humorous drawings to accompany the story.

With gratitude.
Your devoted friend,

Rattus Scribus

JamaGenie said...

Perhaps if laptops were bound in leather and exuded that lovely smell that only the printed page does, I wouldn't feel like a traitor to printers and publishers when I put aside a bound book to read blogs!

Rosie said...

How sweet and kind of you to mention me, Dutchess - you were one of the first regular visitors to my blog and I always love seeing your new posts pop up in the box:) I too admire Pamela's writing and a book of her work would be wonderful - so would one of yours! I am now off to read Rattus Scribus on your recommendation:)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Ahhh such truth! We also love the Tea ratty!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Dutchess
What a beautiful journey. Thank you for taking us all along. I must go meet Pamela and Rosie.
Blessings, Penny