11.8.10

Bird song..


Dear thoughts are in my mind
And my soul soars enchanted
As I hear the sweet lark sing
In the clear air of the day.
For a tender beaming smile
To my hope has been granted
And tomorrow she shall hear
All my fond heart would say.

I shall tell her all my love
And my soul's adoration
And I think she will hear me
And will not say me nay.
It is this that gives my soul
All its joyous elation
As I hear the sweet lark sing
In the clear air of the day.


There you are...in the middle of the field...took me some time to find you..isn't it beautiful..the blue summer sky..and a lark ascending...

Painting-The Meadow lark-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is VERY beautiful... So wonderful words that show this picture in a perfect way.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh sweet Dutchess...it is so good to have you back...just this morning I was missing your presence and wondering when you would fly back to us....and there you were, back in Nowhere. What a beautiful poem and sentiment. What a beautiful summer it has been, dreaming, playing, planning, hoping. Our new little fairy will be here soon and I can't wait. She is coming to sing her song and we are all anticipating her lovely melody! Many hugs to you all, Anita

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I listen for the meadowlark first thing in the morning and the last thing before the sun sets - such a joyous Summer song!
:)
Zuzu

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

All lovely-ness.... But, what have you been doing? :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH YOU ARE HOME....and you came to visit me...you always, always make my day dear one! And I think it is a GREAT IDEA TO LET THE GRAY COME IN!! IT IS OUR ASSET, IT IS OUR GLORY! We have lived and loved long enough to be crowned with the natural patina that shows who we are! I so adore you dear one....YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! And welcome home dear one.

Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YOU CAME TO THE POND!! You know, I think Gustave knows this Sea Faerie Maiden and maybe he can reveal what is happening, or at least he is gurgling under that pond!!!! Bisous and have a fabulous day dearest, Anita