1.1.11

On the first day..

Let us make this day ONE TO REMEMBER..

I will give you a gift on this first day of this new year...its a smile...



The First Day
I wish I could remember the first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me;
If bright or dim the season it might be;
Summer or winter for aught I can say.
So, unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was i to see and to forsee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom, yet, for many a May.

If only I could recollect it! Such
A day of days! I let it come and go
As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow.
It seemed to mean so little, meant so much!
If only now I could recall that touch,
First touch of hand in hand! - Did one but know!

by Christina Rossetti


ART~My granddaughter
Sketch~The Old and the New..unknown!
On the playlist~The wonder of life..

5 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ahhhhh....here she is....De Hertogin the Second! She is a precious little one, and I know that you will not let one second slip of embracing each tender moment of her youth, and yours dearest friend. I too, embrace all the love and fun, the audacious creativity and laughter that you have provided for us all in Nowhere and in your world of Big Bear and Little Mouse. May the magic never end....and I hope you get your parcel soon.

GIVE HER A SQUEEZE FROM TANTE NITA!

Mapi said...

Oh wat een prachtige kleindochter.
Bedankt voor haar lieve lach Dear Dutchess.
Smile
Mapi

Roelien said...

Wat een geweldige lach!!

Een heel mooi jaar voor jou en de jouwen!

Mapi said...

Oops waar zat ik met m'n gedachten...
Lieve Dutchess voor jou en jouw lievelingen wens ik een mooi, positief en liefdevol Nieuw Jaar.

Mapi

fleur said...

ACH.....wat een droppie!
Als je DAAR niet blij van wordt!
Al dat kleine lijkt zo lang geleden...dat lekkere babyluchtje,
ik kan me nu al verheugen op zo'n kleinkind!!!!
Maar ja; de oudste is 19, dus dat zal nog wel even duren...
een fijn jaar gewenst met vele lieve momenten van dit kleintje!!!
groetjes Fleur uit de polder