23.2.11

Companion...


I will be traveling by train for a few days.....to pass time I will take something to read with me......and when I get tired from reading and looking out of the window I"ll close my eyes and nap...I love traveling alone..when I am by myself I'm in great company...

“The world is a looking-glass, and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it, and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it, and it is a jolly kind companion.”
William Makepeace Thackeray


Art-Augustus Egg-Traveling Companions..
On the playlist today a video from a trainride through the (Dutch)country..its a trip I often make..I'll be back in a couple of day's...stay warm and stay happy out there...xoxo

5 comments:

Mapi said...

Fijne treinreis dear Dutchess.
Waar je ook naartoe gaat, je neemt altijd jezelf mee.
Pas goed op en stay warm and happy too !
Liefs van
een nagenietende Mapi ;-)
I am still wearing my dancing shoes.....

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My precious friend,

YOU TOO? YOU TOO ENJOY a bit of solitude? SO DO I!!! I don't know if it is because I am an only child, but as much as I love being around people, I don't mind myself either!!!! How true...smile outward,and it will come bouncing back to you...may you always see that GORGEOUS smile of yours come back to you always...I will miss you so. Nita

Margarida Elias said...

I loved the painting and the quote. Hope you have a good time.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

We will be thinking of you on your travels dear Dutchess. Have a wonderful time and a safe journey.
Blessings,
Penny & Bebe

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dearest friend, to see your comment come in first gives me a joy that I hope you know....so far away...over the pond. But the bridge that joins us is found IN THE SILENCE.....bon voyage ma chère, mijn lieve vriendin...Nita