26.8.14

“Is not this a true autumn day?


“Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one's very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit

. [Letter to Miss Eliot, Oct. 1, 1841]”
 ― George Eliot

 Autumn came ..with rainy days and chilly nights..to soon maybe..but ever so welcome. I remember when I was a little girl..riding my bicycle through the woods..finding this change in nature enchanting..I feel the same way today.. there we go...into a magical Autumn together..

.............................................

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I love this music my zuster! YES! I'm following you on my bicyle....wait for me! Oh! You're peddling so fast! Our baskets are full of teas and cakes as we peddle through the forest to go to the river's edge. It is an early autumn, and all we can do is watch and wait to see what the earth will do in all her splendor....enjoy this perfect day mijn vriendin....

Jeanne said...

Autumn holds more gold in its pocket than any other season.
Blessings

Jeanne