25.10.14

Like a wave..


“Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn--that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness--that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.”

 ― Jane Austen, Persuasion
......................................................
Like a wave Autumn can be overwhelming..

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It is very overwhelming. I just came inside from a lovely walk in the leaves, and from watering our shrubs (it's warm here today) and the shower of golden bliss just made me explode into praise.

The ordinary becomes extraordinary when we make it that way. An overwhelming sense of grandeur hits when we stop, listen, taste, look, feel and tell about it.

Go and tell someone my dearest, how autumn moves you.

^.^ said...

Just returned from my daughter's grave ... hardly any leaves on the trees anymore ... did rake up the last of my yard's leaves ... everything is brown in brown now .. -4C this morning ... the valley is waiting for snow ... Love, cat.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

as always I am ever so enchanted deep in my soul when I come by Hilltop for a visit...I am replenished by your posts and the gentle comments your friends leave here...thank you so much..
many autumn blessings, Karla