21.10.14

..Wutherin'..

                     
     


         The first of Autumn storms is on its way...the wind begins to play..  
                          Better go home before it gets serious..

“Listen to the' wind wutherin' round the house," she said. "You could bare stand up on the moor if you was out on it tonight." Mary did not know what "wutherin'" meant until she listened, and then she understood. It must mean that hollow shuddering sort of roar which rushed round and round the house, as if the giant no one could see were buffeting it and beating at the walls and windows to try to break in. But one knew he could not get in, and somehow it made one feel very safe and warm inside a room with a red coal fire.”
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

..........................................................Its a blustery day at the Hilltop...be safe out there..

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I love this....some people think me strange, but I love this type of weather, I love to stay inside and read, and listen. Listening to the imagination is a lost art, but I think both of US dearest, have found it.

Oh how I love this....be cozy and tucked in, and listen.

Mapi said...

Ik hoor het hier al de hele dag .....

^.^ said...

What an awesome post, D!!! Love the video too ... reminds me of what's in store for me come winter ... Love, cat.