2.5.15

Come away with me...


“Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”


 ― Maya Angelou, Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now

---------------------------------------------------
wishing you a lovely weekend..xoxo

3 comments:

Jeanneke said...

Weldadige, ware woorden!

^.^ said...

Lovely post, D ... I so enjoyed the video and the words ... thank u ... Love, cat.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I agree with Maya, I agree with you. One of my most beautiful experiences was when I was in France, all alone, with only one responsibility: to show up to my French class every morning, four days a week, for a month. There, we all just talked. No homework, no pressure. Just talk. The rest of the day after our four hour class, it was all mine. I felt a special freedom to know that I had no commitments, meetings, deadlines, standards to meet.

These days, my time away from any concerns are the weekends. One day last weekend, on a warm a sunny day, I felt I had a "Christopher Robbin" day....you know the song? The only "responsibility" and "pressure" I had that day as I perused the gardens was to "count all the bees in the hive" and other such fun "pressures!"

I agree dearest. We all need a time to simply do nothing at all.