14.6.18

Zen...and magic..


I planted Hollyhocks this year..

                                                                   
                                                                   And Sunflowers


                                               And -Oost-indische kers- or Nasturtium..

Also Raspberries..busy Lizzie...strawberries..poppies..roses and violets..
The Honeysuckle is in bloom and the Hydrangeas are coloring my garden in white pink and blue..
                            Believe me..I'm completely Zen when I'm in my garden..
                                            its there..before my eyes..
                                                           .. my very own !
                                           

“Sometimes since I've been in the garden I've looked up through the trees at the sky and I have had a strange feeling of being happy as if something was pushing and drawing in my chest and making me breathe fast. Magic is always pushing and drawing and making things out of nothing. Everything is made out of magic, leaves and trees, flowers and birds, badgers and foxes and squirrels and people. So it must be all around us. In this garden - in all the places.”
 ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

..............................

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, what can I say....first of all, I just happened to look at my blog, a place that holds a long ago magic. I had NO idea I'd find you there, but you were there.

I was going to follow my morning routine to visit my favorite blogs (yours is number one), but I clicked on your link from my blog to enter into a secret garden gate.

Hollyhocks, sunflowers, raspberries, poppies,.....you are speaking words of magic, an almost "incantation" for a dizzying happiness from which I don't want to wake!

Yesterday dearest, it was my first official day at home, with no more school responsibilities, the sun was shining, that sunshine I experienced as a child in my native California. Every year, I feel young again, thanks to the opportunity I have as a teacher to spend all summer at home.

I enjoyed my garden. I also went to a garden nursery where the colors, varieties, sizes, under the sweet sunshine gave me this total happiness that you share here today.

You are on one side of the pond, I am on the other. The sun shines on both of us 6 hours apart, but in our hearts, it shines simultaneously, and forever.

Mapi said...

And all of this
Is ours alone
The magic is our very own ..... zo mooi ..... en ja zo zen!

^.^ said...

I decided not to have a garden spot this year, friend D … as the season is just too short … so I thought … but there they are … Lupines and Monkshood and Bleeding Heart and Day Lilies and Pansies and even Rhubarb and Chives … here is to Summer, hmmm? … Love, cat.