4.9.18

A different sky..


.......................................


There is another sky,
 Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
 Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields—
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
 Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
 In its unfading flowers
 I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
 Into my garden come!

 Emily Dickinson

A Poem Emily wrote to her brother...wishing for him to come home..!
Home...a word more beautiful after traveling..

For me it has a another  interpretation...because I always come home to my garden...and then my home..Now, In my garden its peaceful and quiet...September is the best month for a garden..I believe..
Just sitting and watching a different sky......another autumnly sunshine..

xoxo

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Do you know that I do the same thing, dearest? I come home, I come to my garden. We travel far and near, to lands unknown, to lands that intrigue us. But truly, there is no other place like our own gardens that yearn for us to listen to them! May our Septembers teach us to watch and listen to another type of sky, another type of garden. BEAUTIFUL MUSIC you have here!

Margarida Elias said...

Beautiful poem. I also love gardens, although I don't own one. Hope you have a nice September!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

My beautiful friend my Dutchess! I have so missed the magic you creat on your blog. I am thrilled to be able to find you again once in a while.... life is still magical if you believe and we can find our way back to friends of so long agao...like a pilgrimage to a safe place in times of chaos. Be blessed...all is well here with us.
Love Karla and little Miss Hope