12.12.18

The Dutch way to bring home the tree...



My childhood’s Christmases each brought to me
The wondrous glory of a Christmas tree;
Now, every year, since I’ve to manhood grown,
I buy a tree for children of my own.
And so to‑night my mind looks back and sees
Life a long avenue of Christmas trees.

~Carolyn Wells, “Christmas Eve,” Idle Idyls, 1900

When we were living in Amsterdam my husband used to bring home the tree on his bike..
..its now something like 57 trees ago that I met him..this makes a long avenue of trees indeed...

..........

3 comments:

Mapi said...

Oh Amsterdam, volgende week ga ik er weer van ballet genieten...
Ja kerstbomen op de fiets typical dutch !
Wat ken je je man al lang!

Love as Always,
Mapi
xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, "57 trees ago"....what a great title for an intriguing story of love, life and celebrations!!!!! And how I wish we could go back to a simpler time when we walked more, rode our bikes more, bringing home a simple, small tree. I LOVE THIS POST!

Susan said...

What a lovely memory to share......