9.7.19

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIts .....another beautiful day...


Morning..

THE air around was trembling-bright
 And full of dancing specks of light,
 While butterflies were dancing too
 Between the shining green and blue.
 I might not watch, I might not stay,
 I ran along the meadow way.

 The straggling brambles caught my feet,
 The clover field was, oh! so sweet;
 I heard a singing in the sky,
 And busy things went buzzing by;
 And how it came I cannot tell,
 But all the hedges sang as well.

 Along the clover-field I ran
 o where the little wood began,
 And there I understood at last
 Why i had come so far,so fast
 On every leaf of every tree
 A fairy sat and smiled at me!

...................
Poem by Rose Fyleman.

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest, I came yesterday, but you had not yet posted. However, this place, this perfect, peaceful place has no calendar, does it? It could be Monday, it could be Tuesday. I could wonder, "Where is the Dutchess's 'IIIIIT'S MONDAY' post?" but it's OK if I don't see it on Monday. This peace is timeless, our friendship is timeless. This place I'm seeing and hearing, this is where I always want to be. This is where I pray you are right now. This is where I hope to meet you one day.

^.^ said...

:) Love, cat.