5.8.19

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIts Monday...




“Caught in the doldrums of August we may have regretted the departing summer, having sighed over the vanished strawberries and all that they signified. Now, however, we look forward almost eagerly to winter's approach. We forget the fogs, the slush, the sore throats an the price of coal, we think only of long evenings by lamplight, of the books which we are really going to read this time, of the bright shop windows and the keen edge of the early frosts.”

 ― Denis Mackail, Greenery Street

                                       Tell me how are you feeling ...

..........................

Pump up the volume..XXX

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this music....I've got my earbuds on and the vibes of late summer's song is ringing true with me dearest...

The description by Mackail here is exactly "How I feel."

I often say that I wish summer would never end, for so many reasons. The sunshine, the warm days, the time off from work, but this description he gives is too real and wonderful for me to deny. As I look out my windows to admire my flowers, I am almost happy that they are showing signs of their youth coming to an end. I am looking forward to reading book after book in a warm corner, of looking out and admiring the holiday lights.

I'm feeling hopeful. How are you feeling?

Mapi said...

Heerlijke muziek and I am feeling good Dearest !!

Love as Always,
Mapi
xxx

^.^ said...

What a coincidence, friend D, as we both picked the great Kaz Hawkins to sing for us this fine Monday. I guess, great minds think alike … smiles. Love, cat.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Dutchess,

That is a perfect quote this time of year! I hope you are staying cool where you are, and enjoying the last of summer.

Love,

Marqueta