22.12.19

The longest night..



“There were once two sisters
who were not afraid of the dark
 because the dark was full of the other's voice
across the room, (or sea)
because even when the night was thick
and starless
they walked home together from the river
seeing who could last the longest
without turning on her flashlight,
not afraid
because sometimes in the pitch of night
 they'd lie on their backs
in the middle of the path
and look up until the stars came back
 and when they did,
they'd reach their arms up to touch them and did.”


― Jandy Nelson, The Sky Is Everywhere


Art-Sebastian McKinnon 

My grandmother was born in the longest night ..She was -and is- my guiding light !

...................
Even after all this time...the sun never says to the earth, “You owe Me.” Look What happens With a love like that, It lights the Whole Sky.

(to my kindred Spirit)  How wonderful to be born when the sun returns...X

3 comments:

Mapi said...

Ik kon in geen betere nacht geboren worden, Love you !!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

This is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Dutchess,

There is so much marvel here, the quote, the story, the imagery. We all have a guiding light, someone or a host of inspiring lights to help us along the path of light.

I've had my own "flashlights" in my life's journey, some of them gone, a few left. Some are here near me, many are light years away. You are one of them. I was just thinking yesterday that light is one of the most abundant resources we have and it makes me sing and dance. How WONDROUS it is to be alive to live and love in the light.