2.11.20

IIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiits Monday......

.
...the first (very blustery) Monday in november..November--with uncanny witchery in its changed trees. With murky red sunsets flaming in smoky crimson behind the westering hills. With dear days when the austere woods were beautiful and gracious in a dignified serenity of folded hands and closed eyes--days full of a fine, pale sunshine that sifted through the late, leafless gold of the juniper-trees and glimmered among the grey beeches, lighting up evergreen banks of moss and washing the colonnades of the pines. Days with a high-sprung sky of flawless turquoise. Days when an exquisite melancholy seemed to hang over the landscape and dream about the lake. But days, too, of the wild blackness of great autumn storms, followed by dank, wet, streaming nights when there was witch-laughter in the pines and fitful moans among the mainland trees... How are you doing today dear reader and friend..how was your weekend..sending you love...stay warm and stay happy...protect your own reality...XXX ............

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

That was the most beautiful and powerful story I've seen in a long time.

She is right. We don't need much to live a rich life. To give, to understand that we are the same in so many ways yet creatively different in ways that should intrigue us, help us to be better.

What a beautiful place. We can learn so much from spaces that give us room to breathe, from spaces that are open and empty. Dearest, good morning and thank you once again for this.

I am now learning to do videos. I have a Youtube channel now where I am putting my first attempts made with my phone; they are not good but that is fine because I'm learning. I made one yesterday with my good camera that gave me much better quality. Now I have to tell a story.

We have many stories to tell. I always await your next story.

Jeanneke said...

She really is a Grand Ma!
Thank you for sharing this video, Dear Dutchess.
Love and blessings,

Jeanneke.

^.^ said...

Lovely post, friend D. I have been downsizing for a couple of years, regarding collecting/ hoarding "precious" stuffs from travels to different countries and many other things, like kitchen gadgets and things of sentimental value that never look at though. I raised my kids in a very simple farm house in the middle of no where ... I sympathise with the proud woman in the above video. Sending much love, cat.

Mapi said...

Hallo Dearest, ik vraag me af of jij mijn blog nog kan lezen of zien, ik vind mijzelf niet op de leeslijst terug, heb vandaag na lange tijd weer een berichtje kunnen plaatsen, maar ik vrees dat niemand mij meer kan vinden ?
Waarschijnlijk doe ik iets niet goed ?
Liefs, Mapi xx